Google
 
Web My blog,Art's journey!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Kevin Schlag Lecture

Kevin Schlag came to speak in our IT240 class about his career in Enterprise Information System Department. He supervises the school website and make sure it is up to date and well organized. It is very interesting to me that all the school website we see now is done with DreamWeaver program. Brother Schlag said, "Why do we have to spend a lot of time learning HTML, if we have wonderful and powerful tools out there to help create great websites?" I think he is right at some point. But I think you can never go wrong learning the basic and foundation of anything, including the language of HTML. I know for the fact that this knowlege will benefit me in the future. In fact, it has benefited me since I am the webmaster of @RTIMOS Website.

What amazed me the most is actually the history of BYU-Hawaii website. It was first created by college students years ago. Now, maintaining the website is a job. I like the fact that the school is planning a new layout for the school website based on the audience. I think that is very smart of them to do so. I remember when I first got to BYUH website, I was kinda lost a little bit at first, eventhough the website is divided into different groups of audience. I still think they could have done a better job, which they are doing right now.

In short, I really enjoy Kevin Schlag's lecture, however, I am not sure if Brother Draper would like what he had to say about learning the "old school" HTML language to create a web page ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Billing Software
Medical Billing Software