Google
 
Web My blog,Art's journey!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Stalker, Me?

About a month ago or so the new missionaries from MTC Provo came to Thailand. They came in a big group. Since I worked at the office I had an opportunity to talk with these new comings. There was one missionary that I felt was very different. I talked to them in Thai and I noticed that one of them wouldn't talk to me back. So I thought "fine, if you want to be a jerk like that by not talking to me I am not going to talk with you for the rest of your mission!" I was pretty sure about my judgement. So I didn't bother trying to talk with him but talking with other nicer missionaries.

The next day was a transfer day. All new and old missionaries who were going to move to a new area would gather at this transfer point located at Pakkret meeting house. I was in the meeting when they assigned each missionary to a new area and/or to a new companion. It was an exciting moment for all missionaries. I wasn't a missionary but I was excited my self. Anyway, when it came to the name of the missionary that I didn't like because he wouldn't talk to me back, I was shocked. President said "Elder Mortensen is the only Cambodian speaking missionary and he is assigned to serve with Elder..........". I felt like the biggest jerk. The only reason he didn't talk with me that day was because he didn't know Thai and he didn't even know I was talking to him. I knew I was so wrong and I felt so bad.

Well the story hasn't ended. I really felt bad that one night I decided to call the Cambodian speaking missioanries and asked for Elder Mortensen. He answered the phone with a very low voice. I was scared to death. I thought he didn't like me but I didn't mind 'cuz I sucked. And when I met him another time I tried to made it up by talking with him, of course in English, and I bet he must be very surprised 'cuz I was overly friendly but again, I didn't care, I just wanted to make up all my wrong feelings and attitude. It came to the point where he was sure I was a normal, ordinary human being, so he confessed that he thought I was a " STALKER". Stalker? whatever, .... that was funny but that's what you get and you have to accept it, you know responsible for your actions and thoughts. Now, Elder Mortensen and I have become good friends. He was not at all a "jerkweed". In fact he's a very smart, nice, friendly and fun... I have learned another lesson through this missionary. Now his girl friend is learning the gospel because she sees how much the gospel means to him that he can't keep it with him self but share it with his brothers and sisters on the other side of his world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting and great story Art.
Love,
Mom

10:07 PM GMT+7  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Billing Software
Medical Billing Software